This is a wonderfully nostalgic dish that reminds us of home.
- 4 cups sliced cooking apples
- 1 cup flour
- 3/4 cup Brown Sugar firmly packed
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- Heat oven to 375 F.
- Put apples into greased 1.5quart baking dish.
- Blend flour, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and butter or margarine.
- Sprinkle over the apples.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until the apples are tender and topping is slightly crusty and brown.
- Serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream if desired.