- 5 lbs Apples, peeled and sliced (about 13 cups)
- 3/4 cup Packed light brown sugar
- 2/3 cup Unsweetened apple juice
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp Pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- In a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker, combine the first five ingredients. Cook, covered, on low 6-8 hours or until apples are soft.
- Add vanilla; stir to break up apples. Serve applesauce warm or refrigerate and serve cold.
- Freeze option: Freeze cooled applesauce in freezer containers. To use, thaw in refrigerator overnight.