People were raving… After the first Chefs Experience, we had many requests for this. So here it is…
- 1 1/2 lbs bacon Cut into 1in pieces
- 2 Cups Shallots Chopped
- 4 Small Garlic Cloves Chopped
- 1 Teas Chili Powder
- 1/2 Teas Ground Ginger
- 1/2 Teas Ground Mustard
- 1/2 Cup Bourbon
- 1/4 Cup Maple Syrup Buy the good stuff!
- 1/3 Cup Sherry Vinegar
- 1/3 Cup Brown Sugar
- Spread half of bacon in a single layer in a large skillet and cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until browned, 20 to 23 minutes. Transfer to paper towels to drain. Remove fat; clean pan. Repeat with remaining bacon, reserving browned bits and 1 tablespoon fat in pan.
- Add shallots and garlic to pan and cook over medium heat, stirring, until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add chili powder, ginger, and mustard and cook, stirring, 1 minute. Increase heat to high; add bourbon and maple syrup. Bring to a boil, scraping up browned bits. Add vinegar and brown sugar and return to a boil. Add reserved bacon; reduce heat to low. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until liquid reduces to a thick glaze, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer mixture to a food processor and pulse until it has the consistency of a chunky jam. Refrigerate in an airtight container at least 1 hour and up to 4 weeks.