My take on the classic cookie is inspired by a bakery in California called Hungry Bear.
Big & Buttery Chocolate Chip Cookies
It's big, thick and chewy!
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 package semi sweet chocolate chips 12 oz
- 2 cups chopped walnuts toasted
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugars until blended. Beat in eggs and vanilla. In a small bowl whisk flour, baking soda and salt: gradually beat into butter mixture, Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Shape 1/4 cupful of dough into balls. Flatten each to 3/4" thickness (2 1/2" diameter) smoothing edges as necessary. Place In an airtight container, separating layers with waxed paper or parchment paper. Refrigerate covered overnight.
- To bake, place dough portions 2" apart n parchment paper-lined baking sheets: let stand at room temperature 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until edges are golden brown (centers will be light Cool on pans 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Yields: about 2 dozen.