Putting a green spin on a childhood favorite!
- 2 cups Uncooked or frozen broccoli
- 1 large Egg
- 1/4 cup Finely diced yellow onion
- 1/3 cup Finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 2/3 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease baking sheet with a thin layer of oil or line with parchment paper and set aside.
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Add broccoli to boiling water. After 1 minute, drain and immediately transfer broccoli into cold tap water. After 1 minute, drain again.
- Transfer broccoli into a food processor bowl and process until fine. If without a food processor, finely chop broccoli with a knife. Transfer to a medium bowl.
- Add egg, onion, cheese, breadcrumbs, and seasonings to the broccoli and thoroughly mix all ingredients together.
- Using your hands, scoop about 1.5 Tablespoons of mix and gently press into a firm ball, then roll into a tater-tot shape. Repeat this step until all batter is used. Place tots on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then remove from oven and turn tots. Bake for another 8-14 minutes or until golden brown and crispy. Remove from the oven and enjoy with your favorite dipping sauce!