Try this easy recipe on a cold winter day.
Butternut Squash Soup
- 10 lbs Butternut squash
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1.5 gallons chicken stock
- 3 thinly sliced Shallots
- 1/2 lb butter
- 1/2 lb flour
- 3 rosemary sprigs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the squash in half, clean out, and smear with honey.
- Roast in 350-degree oven for one hour, until soft.
- In a stockpot, melt butter; add sliced shallots and sauté until tender.
- Add flour and stir continuously.
- Add 1/3 of the stock.
- Add squash and remaining stock and rosemary.
- Simmer 45 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Puree soup (remove rosemary) and return to heat.
- Put rosemary back in soup and simmer 15 minutes.
- Season to taste.