Cheesy Ham Chowder
- 10 Bacon strips diced
- 1 Large Onion chopped
- 1 Cup Carrots diced
- 3 tablespoons All-purpose flour
- 3 Cups Whole milk
- 1-1/2 Cups Water
- 2-1/2 Cups Cubed potatoes
- 1 Can (15-1 /4 ounces) Whole kernel corn drained
- 2 teaspoons Chicken bouillon granules
- Pepper to taste
- 3 Cups Shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 Cups Cubed fully cooked ham
- In a Dutch oven, cook the bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels to drain. In the drippings, saute onion and carrots until tender. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually add milk and water. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Add the potatoes, corn, bouillon and pepper. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Add cheese and ham; heat until cheese is melted. Stir in bacon.