Fall in love with Italian cooking.
- 1 lb. chicken breasts skinless, boneless
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil extra virgin
- 1/3 cup flour
- 2 tbsp garlic crushed
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1.5 cups broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers julienned
- 1 cup artichoke hearts
- 1/4 cup Kalamata chopped olives
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup torn basil leaves
- 1/2 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1/2 lb. gemelli or fusilli pasta cooked
- Place chicken between layers of parchment paper and pound thin.
- Cut into bite-size scaloppini, salt and pepper.
- Heat 2 tbsp. olive oil in large sauté pan over medium high heat.
- Dust chicken with flour, shake off excess and brown both sides. Set aside.
- In medium high pan sauté garlic, mushrooms, and broccoli two minutes.
- Add half the wine to deglaze the pan, simmer for four minutes.
- Add artichoke hearts, roasted red peppers, and olives. Heat three minutes until tender.
- Turn flame to high. Add cooked chicken and remaining white wine.
- Heat for thirty seconds: stir vigorously with wooden spoon to prevent sticking.
- Toss gently with pasta, grated cheese, parsley and basil until mixed thoroughly.