These sweet, deep fried fritters will definitely be a hit. Maple syrup is a great dipping sauce!
Learn how to make sweet corn fritters for your next gathering.
- 3 Cups Canola Oil For Frying
- 1 Cup A.P. Flour
- 1 Teas. Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teas. salt Kosher
- 1/2 Teas. sugar
- 1 Ea. Egg Beaten
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1 Tbls. Shortening
- 1 Can 12oz Sweet Corn
- Heat Canola Oil in a heavy pot or deep fryer to 375 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Beat together egg, milk and melted shortening.
- Combine wet ingredients with dry ingredients.
- Mix in corn. Let it rest in refrigerator for 30 Minutes.
- Drop fritter batter by spoonful's into the hot oil and fry till golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels.