This savory hearty dish makes for a perfect winter dinner.
Cowboy Baked Beans
- 1 lb ground beef lean
- 12 oz bacon
- 1 Medium onion, diced
- 16 oz can kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 16 oz can white beans drained and rinsed
- 32 oz pork n' beans
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 - 2 tbsp liquid smoke
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef. Drain and set aside.
- Add bacon to the skillet and cook 5 to 7 minutes or until cooked through, stirring frequently.
- Add onions and cook an additional 4 to 5 minutes or until onions are soft and translucent.
- Add ground beef and bacon mixture to a large oven safe pot or Dutch oven.
- Add pork n' beans, drained kidney and white beans, ketchup, brown sugar and liquid smoke.
- Stir gently to combine. Place in a 350 degree oven for about an hour.
- Serve with tortilla chips, corn chips, sour cream, cheese.