Take the extra step to make your own sausage. It’s so easy and will make your next dish shine. Use in spaghetti sauce, lasagna or even meatballs. This recipe makes 5 pounds. If your going to take the time to do it, go for it. Freeze in 1 lbs. packages.
Homemade Italian Sausage
- 5 lbs ground pork Good Quality
- 1 Clove garlic Chopped
- 2 tbls salt
- 1 tbls Pepper Ground
- 2 tbls Fennel Seed Toasted & Ground
- 1/2 Cup Pecorino Romano Grated
- 1/2 Cup fresh parsley Chopped
- 2 tsp red chili flakes
- 2 tbls Paprika Not smoked
- Place everything in a large bowl. Mix well by hand.
- Let it set for at least one hour for flavors to marry.