Indonesian Style Chicken Drummies
Great spring barbecue recipe, with a twist. Definitely has some spice, but is still very tasty if you decide not to use the chili pepper.
- 1/3 cup Hoisin Sauce can be found in Asian food section at any grocery store
- 2 tbsp Lime juice
- 1 tbsp Peanut oil can use vegetable oil
- 3 Garlic cloves minced
- 1 Long red chili pepper seeded and finely chopped (can be left out if avoiding spice)
- 1 tsp Ground turmeric
- 12 Chicken drumsticks
- 1/4 cup Roasted peanuts roughly chopped
- 1 cup Cucumber halved and sliced on a bias
- Lime wedges and extra sliced red chili for garnish
- For Marinade, add first six ingredients to mason jar. Shake to combine, and set aside.
- Using a sharp knife, score chicken drumsticks 2-3 times in the thickest part. Place chicken into a large ziplock bag. Add marinade, seal and toss to combine. Chill for at least 15 minutes and up to 6 hours.
- Bring your barbecue grill to medium heat and making sure the grill is oiled. Grill chicken, turning occasionally and basting with any remaining marinade for 25-30 minutes until charred and cooked through to 165 degrees.
- Sprinkle chicken with roasted peanuts, cucumber slices, and extra sliced red chili (if using). Serve with lime wedges.