Combine one part fresh ingredients with two parts passion for delicious food and what do you get? Homemade marinara sauce.
- 1 tbsp olive oil premium
- 1 cup yellow onion chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic minced
- 1 1/2 cup red wine such as Chianti
- 1 (28-ounce) bag tomatoes San Marzano
- 1 tbsp fresh basil chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper freshly ground
- 1 tbsp honey
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet.
- Add the onion and sauté over medium heat until translucent, five to ten minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for one minute.
- Add the wine and cook on high heat, scraping up all the brown bits in the pan, until almost all the liquid evaporates, about three minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes, honey, basil, salt and pepper. Cover and simmer on the lowest heat for 30 minutes.