Making meatballs is so simple and the results are so delicious, it’s a wonder people buy frozen bags of them from the store. These meatballs use ground beef, ground pork and a host of other tasty ingredients. Buon appetito!
- 1 large onion 1/4" dice
- 1 pinch salt (to taste)
- 2 cloves garlic smashed & chopped
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper
- 3/4 lbs ground beef
- 3/4 lbs ground pork
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley finely chopped
- 1/4 cup basil finely chopped
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- Sauté onions in olive oil over medium heat till translucent. Cool completely.
- Mix all other ingredients and onions in a bowl and roll into balls the size you like.
- You can bake the meatballs in the oven at 350 for about 15 minutes or until done, then finish in the marinara sauce.
- You can also drop raw meatballs in simmering marinara to add more meat flavor to the sauce, then cook till done.