This peppered steak goes perfectly alongside potatoes and some steamed green beans or asparagus.
- 2 beef round sirloin center steaks 1" thick
- 2 tsp. coarse black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 cup beef broth
- 1 tbsp. Tomato Paste
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp. parsley or thyme
- Cut each steak in half to make 4 steaks total.
- Press the pepper and salt evenly onto the steaks.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the oil until sizzling.
- Cook 6 minutes, turning once, or until thermometer inserted in the center registers 145F for medium rare.
- Transfer to a platter.
- Meanwhile in a small bowl, whisk the broth, tomato paste, and vinegar.
- Pour the broth mixture into the skillet.
- Cook 2 minutes, stirring until boiling.
- Add parsley or thyme.
- Serve the sauce over the steaks.