Roasted Mushrooms and Asparagus
The perfect spring side dish for any protein, from burgers to prime rib.
- 1 lb Baby portabello oroyster mushrooms (can use morels if available)
- 1 lb Asparagus trimmed and halved crosswise
- 2 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 2 tbsp Unsalted butter
- 1 tsp Fresh thyme leaves
- 1 cup Loosely packed watercress or arugula
- Flaky sea salt for finishing (can use kosher salt)
- Balsamic vinegar for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 450. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil. Lay out mushrooms and asparagus ineven layer.
- Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle 1 tsp kosher salt and toss to coat. Roast in oven, stirring occasionally, until charred and tender (about 15 minutes).
- Add butter and thymeleaves. Once butter is melted, toss vegetables to coat and roast for another 5 minutes.
- Arrange vegetables on aplatter. Top with watercress or arugula and season with flaky sea salt to taste. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar.