A delicious traditional hummus to serve with warm pita and vegetables.
- 1 Blender
- 1 ½ cup cooked chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ⅓ cup smooth tahini (SesameButter – found at any grocery)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice, more to taste
- 1 1 garlic clove
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 5 tbsp water, or as needed to blend
- Paprika, red pepper flakes, or parsley, for garnish
- Warm pita bread and/or veggies, for serving
- In a high-speed blender, place the chickpeas, tahini, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, and salt. Use the blender and blend until verysmooth, adding water as needed to blend, and/or to reach your desiredconsistency. We like it buttery smooth.
- Transfer to a serving plate, top with desired garnishesand serve with warm pita and veggies, as desired.