Vidalia Onion Risotto
- 2 cups chopped Vidalia onions or 2 cups other sweet onion
- 2 large garlic cloves minced
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked Arborio rice or 1 1/2 cups other short grain rice
- 30 oz vegetable broth or approx. 4 cups
- 1/3 cup grated fresh parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Heat oil in saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic, sauté 1 minute.
- Stir in rice.
- Add 1/2 cup broth, cook until liquid is nearly absorbed, stirring constantly.
- Add remaining broth 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly until each portion of broth is nearly absorbed before adding the next (approximately 20 minutes).
- Remove from heat, stir in parsley, chive and Parmesan.