Instead of English muffins or bagels for breakfast.
Walnut Raisin Bread
Use this Walnut Raisin Bread toasted and spread with butter, cream cheese or your favorite nut butter.
- 1 1/3 cups almond meal/flour
- 1/3 cup ground golden flaxseeds
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 cup butter melted & cooled
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Grease 8 1/2" x 4 1/2" loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, sift almond meal/flour, flaxseeds, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- Add the raisins and walnuts and stir to combine.
- In a small bowl, combine eggs, egg white, butter and buttermilk and beat lightly to break up the yolks.
- Pour the egg mixture into the flour mixture and mix thoroughly with a wooden spoon, just until moistened.
- Spoon the batter into the loaf pan and bake for 40 minutes, or until wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean and the bread is firm yet springy to the touch.