Wisconsin White Cheddar Beer Soup
- 1 Medium onion, diced
- 5 cloves Garlic, diced
- 3 sticks butter
- 2.5 cups flour
- 12 cups chicken stock
- 4 cups Heavy cream
- 5 cups Shredded white cheddar cheese
- 3 cups Shredded Swiss cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sauté onions in butter until translucent in color.
- Add garlic and cook for an additional minute.
- Add flour and stir, cooking until golden brown.
- Add chicken stock, slowly whisking liquid into flour mixture.
- Add heavy cream and reduce heat to simmer.
- Add cheese, stirring until melted. Once cheese is melted, add beer.
- Finish with salt and pepper to taste.