Crispy Mexican Truffles Recipe
Cinnamon, cayenne, and crunch! These chocolate truffles have an unexpected hint of heat. Nutritional Facts: 1 truffle: 98 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 33mg sodium, 14 carbohydrate (10 sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
- 6 Ounces Cream Cheese, Softened
- 2 Cups Confectioners' Sugar
- 8 Ounces Bittersweet Chocolate, Melted and Cooled
- 2 Teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 Cup Crushed Cornflakes
- 2 Teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoons cayenne pepper
In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in confections' sugar, chocolate and vanilla. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or until easy to handle.
In a small bowl, combine the cornflakes, cinnamon and cayenne. Shape Chocolate mixture into 1-in. balls; roll in cornflake mixture. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.