Cotoletta (coh-toe-let-tah), a thinly sliced sirloin, breaded and sautéed to golden brown perfection in olive oil.
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 thinly sliced garlic clove
- 4 4 oz sirloin steaks sliced very thin
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 3 tbsp Parmesan
- 2 tbsp Italian parsley
- 1 lemon wedge
- to taste salt & pepper
- Add olive oil to large skillet over medium heat.
- Add garlic; heat until it begins to turn color. Use a fork to remove garlic from oil.
- Salt & pepper both sides of each steak.
- Dredge thinly sliced steak in flour, egg wash, and then breadcrumbs.
- Gently place into hot oil; sauté until golden brown on both sides, about 2 to 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and dust with parmesan. Sprinkle with parsley and season with salt and pepper to taste.