Orange and Strawberry Salad with Fresh Mint
Simple precut fruit salad with a twist.
- 1 lb Strawberries hulled and halved (or quartered if very large)
- 3 Oranges preferably Cara Cara
- 1 tbsp Fresh lemon juice plus more to taste
- 2 ½ tbsp Light brown sugar packed
- 1 tbsp Finely chopped fresh mint plus sprig for garnish
- Place the strawberries into a medium sized serving bowl.
- Cut a lice off the top and bottom of each orange so they sit flat on the cutting board. Using a sharp knife, work your way around the fruits to remove all the skin and pith. Cupping the orange in one hand and working over the serving bowl, carefully cut out the orange segments from between the membranes. Over a separate small bowl, firmly squeeze the remaining membranes to release all the juice.
- Add the lemon juice and brown sugar to the orange juice and stir until sugar is dissolved. Pour over the strawberries and orange segments and gently toss. Sprinkle with fresh mint. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to six hours. Garnish with a sprig of fresh mint.