Easter breakfast recipe to feed a crowd.
Raisin Bread & Sausage Morning Casserole
Pork sausage and cinnamon bread taste surprisingly good together.
- 1/2 lb Pork Sausage
- 1 loaf cinnamon raisin bread cubed
- 6 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1 1/2 cups half & half
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain.
- In a greased 13x9 baking dish, combine bread & sausage.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, cream, vanilla, cinnamon & nutmeg until blended; pour over bread. Refrigerate covered several hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Remove casserole from refrigerator while oven heats. In a large bowl beat topping ingredients until blended. Drop by the tablespoonful's over casserole.
- Bake, uncovered 35-45 minutes or until golden brown and a knife inserted in center comes out clean. Let stand 5-10 minutes before serving.