Slow Cooker Barbacoa
Mexican Barbacoa & Cilantro Lime Rice
- 1/4 Cup Lime Juice
- 1/4 Cup cider vinegar
- 3 Chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 4 Garlic Cloves thinly sliced
- 4 Tsp ground cumin
- 3 Tsp dried oregano
- 1-1/2 Tsp Pepper
- 3/4 Tsp salt
- 1/2 Tsp ground cloves
- 1 Cup Reduced-Sodium chicken broth
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 3 bay leaves
- 3 Cups water
- 2 Cups uncooked jasmine rice rinsed and drained
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 1-1/2 Tsp salt
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Cilantro minced
- 2 Tbsp Lime Juice
- Place the first nine ingredients in a blender; cover and process until smooth. Add broth; pulse to combine.
- Place roast and bay leaves in a 4-or 5-qt. slow cooker; pour sauce over top. Cook, covered on low 7-9 hours or until meat is tender.
- Prepare rice about 30 minutes before serving. In a large saucepan, combine water, rice, butter and salt; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered 12-15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender. Remove from heat; gently stir in cilantro and lime juice.
- Remove roast from slow cooker; cool slightly. Discard bay leaves and skim fat from cooking juices. Shred beef with two forks; return to slow cooker. Service with rice.