This flavorful marinade layers lean meat with a complex depth. If you like heat, you can add a pinch of cayenne or a hot pepper to the marinade.
Spicy Beef Kebabs
- 1 Medium fresh tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup Cilantro
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp Ginger, minced
- 1 tbsp Curry powder
- 1 tbsp Sunflower oil
- 4 Cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- Pinch of salt
- 2 lbs Lean beef, such as sirloin, cut into 2-inch chunks
- Blend tomato, cilantro, lemon juice, ginger, curry powder, sunflower oil, garlic, and salt in blender until smooth.
- Marinate meat 1 to 5 hours.
- If using bamboo skewers, soak in water for at least 30 minutes.
- Thread meat onto skewers.
- Grease grill rack of a gas or charcoal grill. Bring a gas grill to medium-high heat. If using charcoal, spread gray ash-covered coals evenly over the grill, place the grate, then cover and heat the grill for 5 minutes.
- Grill kebabs about 6 minutes, turning once halfway through grilling, until internal temperature reaches 145°F.